Sunday, September 30, 2012

Plays from JLee productions provides the message threw great play writing



Where are you from ?
I am from Jackson, MS

-How long have you been writing plays?
I have been writing stage plays since high school, the 1st stage play I wrote was at Murrah High School- my Junior Year-   I was class President- it was a fundraiser I did to raise money for my class- held auditions after school and presented  it during our activity period- It was called “No Good Comes To Those Who Do Wrong” ,I later  rewrote it and put it on stage in the summer 2008 as the 1st J. Lee Production. 

 -What is the message you are sending threw your plays ?
  Each show/project has a different message- I always try to tackle taboo subjects/ situations and provide positive outlooks or outcomes.

-What inspired your latest play that your releasing in November ?
  The latest project “The Murderer” was inspired by the simple fact  that J. Lee Productions has never did a murderer mystery. I wanted  to do a short film and I wanted to do something different, something that would challenge me. And writing a murderer mystery was definitely a challenge. 

 -I noticed that you do a lot of casting calls, how much work is that on you ?
 We have been fortune to work with a lot of talented actors and actresses here in the state of MS- and we’re always looking for fresh faces, new talent. With each new production, we try to seek out new faces, while still continuing to work with those individuals who we have worked with  in the past.

-What is your major Inspiration ?
 When writing, I try to write from the heart, or an honest place. This helps to make to projects relatable. Music is another tool that I use when writing. Music motivates me, gives me ideas and it helps with my writing process. I am also inspired by real life situations. 

-Not to long ago you did a movie based on Relationships, what made you wanna do that?
  I have done 2 projects that have been based solely on African American Relationships- the documentaries: BLACK LOVE I & BLACK LOVE II- the idea inspired by a facebook status that I saw.  The status inspired me to get opinions and views of others on relationships in the African American Community. 

-How did you come up with the name for your production company ?
 I really didn’t give it was thought. Just shorten my first name (Jimmie) and took my last name and added Productions. Not much thought went into it.

 -How many people are involved with J Lee Productions ?
  There is me, J. Lee- CEO/President of J. Lee Productions , LLCAnd the J. Lee Team- which consist of Aretha Carmicheal, Marcell Cox, L. Sherie Dean, Jeremy Funchess, Latisha Jackson, Yolanda Lee & Larry Walker

- Are there any particular Entertainer's , Writer's, Director's, etc that you would like to work with?There are many I want to work with in the industry, from veterans to the up and coming,  but to name a few I would say  Lee Daniels, Tracey Ellis Ross, Denezl Washington,  & Tyler Perry 

 - Out of all the plays that you have been involved with, which one is your favorite ?
   I believe that would be the stage play “REVENGE”. It came across on stage way better than I     expected. 

- What advice do you have for others looking to be were you are ?
    Keep GOD first. Be true to yourself and follow your vision.

- How can a follower of your productions get involved ( stage hand , acting ,etc) ? 
  They call follow on twitter JLEEPLAYSThey can join our e-mailing list at http://www.jleeplays.com/Or email at jleeproductions@yahoo.comJoin the J. Lee Productions group page on Facebook
J.Lee
CEO/President J. Lee Productions, LLC
www.jleeplays.com
jimmie.lee@jleeplays.com


Where are

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHECK OUT ANTECHNICAL THAD EVERY TUESDAY 8PM ON GEMJIN.COM


Quantcast
Watch live streaming video from 3045enterprisetv at livestream.com

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT WE ARE HERE TO STAY !

BLOGOBO

YoungMoneyTv,WorldStarHipHop,Mixtape,Music,Independent