Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kathrina Tenorio Super Model On a Fast and Promising Rise





'All ununcredited photos By Brian Moilanen with E4S Photography'

-Where are you from ?
I was born in Manila Philippines, my mother is Filipino and my father was Guamanian. I guess that makes me an island girl turned city girl. Only lived in the Philippines for a very brief period of time after I was born.. we all moved to Guam and lived there till I was seven.. some of my favorite memories still reside there from this day! Lived in several places all around US before I moved here in Jacksonville back in 2002.

- When did You decide you wanted to become a model ?
I've always wanted to have some kind of artistic-related career growing up. My ultimate dream as a little girl was becoming a fashion designer.. which eventually ventured into an obsession with clothes and wardrobe styling, and more recently makeup experimenting, then finally modeling to showcase all these loves of mine!

- What is your ethnic background ?
Filipino, Guamanian, and Chinese. I have great-grandparents on both sides that were full Chinese.. for all I know there's more that I may not know about, I might be an Asian/Pacific Islander mutt!

- How long have you been modeling ?
Technically for about a year.. but I've always loved being in front of the camera and helping out other people with their projects. I just really recently been getting very into and in depth with it! Under half a year; since mid-2012. Very new to this business, but I feel like I've learned alot since I've been lucky enough to work with alot of very talented people.

-When did you get your first modeling gig ?
I really have to give one of my family members the benefit of giving me my first official 'photo shoot' in her home in Europe when we visited family back in 2008. This was really the first time I got really 'glammed-up' with a makeover and many alternate wardrobes. I feel like this particular family member shared very similar style and traits as I. My aunt Aida is a very inspirational person to me. She's survived breast cancer and just has the overall elegance of a very strong woman, which I always looked up to.
- What do you love about modeling ?
I absolutely love getting in depth with each character and personality I portray with modeling! I love doing different things and pushing my limits when it comes to concepts and wardrobe pairing. Playing each part is definitely one of the most exciting part of modeling for me. I have a bunch of wigs that make it more fun to switch up my style also. I love anything that involves makeup as well, it's definitely more of an art form than a mere task in the modeling process.. I like going from looking very sexy and natural during one shoot, to spunky and very eccentric with the next! I feel the need to surprise people with each set.
I also take pride when it comes to inspiring people, whether it be the photographers I work with, or others that like their work, and other just anyone that may not feel comfortable in their own shoes in general. As a young girl, all through elementary till high school, I was always picked on, for being a 'nerd' and 'weird' alot, but held my ground and ignored those people. I like many styles that some people may consider strange, but the best thing for me to do is be myself; so I'm not afraid of critics.. I'll push the bars and people's buttons with my work, I feel like everyone should have the right to feel comfortable enough to show their true personality. I've also always been a naturally quiet and typically introverted person; modeling is one of few things that has helped me gain a little more confidence and push away many insecurities I had during the last several years..

- What are some of the different kinds of photo shoot have you done ?
I've done many things that are out of the ordinary.. I actually don't have much casual shoots, HAHA. I just prefer crazy concepts because they tend to draw more opinions. Good or bad, as long as I'm getting strong opinions, I'm happy. A few of my close photographer friends feel the same way about their work, no pain, no gain!
As far as in-studio, I've done some boudoir, pin-up, glamour, body-paint, and editorial. One of my favorites is location shooting though.You get alot of nice lighting and scenery outdoors! I've shot in alot of different settings.. urban, beach, parks, tourist hot-spots, random streets.. It's always an adventure. I want to further myself into more cosplay concepts soon. Movies, comic book, and anime.. ALL KINDS. My inner nerd yearns to play my favorite characters.

- If you had a chance to Model in a major designer line who would it be ?
Oh dear, I am a sucker for Victoria's secret! I don't meet their 'criteria,' but I can dream. I love lingerie, and I get chills when I watch their fashion shows. Might sound silly, but I wish I could even just work for them by designing their wings! Every girl deserves to feel like an angel while looking the exact opposite..

- Who are some folks you wanna work with ?
I would love to work with some photographers overseas sometime.. Whether it be in the Philippines, Guam, and all over Europe (since those are where alot of my family reside) or elsewhere.. I LOVE traveling; meeting new photographers, makeup artists, and other models would just top it off! For right now, I am quite fond with working with aspiring locals, we all have our goals, it's always flattering to be part of theirs!

- Who do you contribute your success to ?
All of the photographers who have given me the chance to work with them, especially those whom I've worked with on several occasions; these are people that I've built relationships with. Without them, I couldn't have grown in the short time that I did.
I also have my mother to thank in a silly way actually.. Growing up, she never let me wear what I wanted, it was always conservative or just too plain in my taste.. When my youth came about I was drawn to flashy and styles with more attitude, haha. So in a sense, she's shaped me to be myself; I love and respect her for that.

- Who is you favorite photographer?
Gosh, I can't really say that I have a prime favorite since I have so many different style preferences! I think alot of photographers are good with certain styles of photography once they find their 'style.' When you mesh that with a model that accentuates their style.. that to me makes magic!

- Pros and cons of modeling ?
Prepping to me, is definitely a pro when it comes to this industry, there's alot of excitement prior that leads to a photo shoot or event. I wouldn't exactly call all time this all consumes a con.. but do know that it can really take up so much time! Either way, it's all well worth it in the end with the finished product. I think modeling is a great way to get another talent you have out there, for all the artists or anything dealing with the entertainment industry really..
One negative thing about modeling is that with the more different styles you work with, and the more risque and alternative your work gets; you will run into critics that dislike, disapprove or even bash a set that you took part in. Not to mention how though it seems to meet all the height, weight, measurements and criteria of alot these popular high fashion brands. There's ALOT of pressure that I don't always agree on with specific factors there..

- What advice do you have for aspiring models ?
My best advice is to always stay true to yourself. Whether it be your body, style, and attitude. I've always been slim, and hated it! Doesn't sound like something that the average high-fashion model would say, but it's true. Always thought I was TOO skinny growing up. I just decided finally accept my body for how is, and work with what I have to offer. Every model has strong attributes and features. Everyone should be able to feel beautiful in their own specific way. If you wish you lose or gain weight, make sure that it's for yourself; and in a healthy/safe way. NEVER let anyone pressure you into altering your body's natural beauty.
Same with style, if you prefer a style that some people may not agree on, push the boundaries. If someones not happy with those two factors, there are plenty of other modeling jobs out there and people that will accept you for being YOURSELF fully.

Also, stay humble. Never let that ego run wild! EVERYONE starts somewhere, always remember the people that helped you up along the way. For me a 'model' is someone who is a pleasant representation of an idea or thing. Be sure to set a positive example of what you are trying to sculpt. Always accept that with effort, failure may occur; you just have to trust yourself and take chances. Always have a positive and never give up on something that you believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHECK OUT ANTECHNICAL THAD EVERY TUESDAY 8PM ON GEMJIN.COM


Quantcast
Watch live streaming video from 3045enterprisetv at livestream.com

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT WE ARE HERE TO STAY !

BLOGOBO

YoungMoneyTv,WorldStarHipHop,Mixtape,Music,Independent