Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Snipe wON ( THROW BACK iNTERVIEW )


- WHEN DID YOU START IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY ?

Well I've been making music & grinding since 14 but I would say I officially entered the music industry at 17 when I had my first meeting with a major label ceo, Silvia Rhone. She flew me to NYC, hotel, car service, the works. I was buggin out!

-- WHERE ARE YOU FROM ?
Born in Jersey City, NJ then raised in Jax, FL then moved back to Jersey City.

- WHAT WAS THE FIRST SONG YOU DID? A track called "Legit" Haha! That's a Duval throwback right there. (Shout to D.Cap, Liqwit, & Quizit)


- HOW DID IT MAKE YOU FEEL ?

Aw man after I recorded that track I fell in love with making music. Never stopped since.

- WHAT MESSAGE ARE YOU TRYING TO SEND ? Hip-Hop is alive and well! ..And to my fellow artist, let's make good quality music with substance and get this money baby!


- WHO DO YOU WANT TO REACH ?

Everybody that loves & appreciates good music.


- NAME SOME PEOPLE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH ?

Well can we dig up Biggie, Pac & Pun? ..Other than that I just want to work with people that's hungry & grinding like me.

- HOW DID YOU GET YOUR STAGE NAME ? "Snipe" came because I'm deadly on that mic & you don't see me coming. Then the "Won" came later when I started battling & eating up mc's. Snipe the Winna!

- WHAT CAN YOUR FANS EXPECT FROM YOU IN 2010? To be joined by more fans.. I got "Snipe Da Game, the EP" dropping in June (get that on itunes, rhapsody, or Amazon) and the "Snipe Da Game vol.2" mixtape on deck. Also shooting a video to premier on BET, Fuse, youtube and hopefully MTV2 so look for that too.


- WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO KEEP STRIVING FOR YOU DREAMS ?

When I was a kid my popz told me that every generation has to take it to the next level. That it was my duty as the man of the family to get us to the top. That always stuck with me so that's what I'm doing. That's my motivation.

- WHAT DO YOU REP ?
Cold Knights stand up!!! I rep the north & the south (I have influence from both and you can hear it in my music)

- WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO IN YOUR iPOD? Everything from Nas, Biggie & Scarface to Lou Reed & Squarepusher. I'm a Hip-Hop head but I listen to everything.

- DO YOU LISTEN TO LOCAL ARTIST ? Honestly not too much but I'll support the good ones and there's a couple out there that's really spittin' fire, don't sleep ppl!
- WHAT'S THE NEXT PROJECT THAT YOU ARE WORKING WITH ? I just did this soundtrack for this documentary on NYC Motion, I got the Snipe Da Game sh*t available for digital downloads next month, new remixes on youtube for everybody to check out free, and the newest thing I'm trying to do is get my twitter page rockin'. I know I'm kind of late with it but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Ha! I'm ready for you to come add me as a friend now.. Go, go, go.. @snipewon


- WHAT WAS THE FIRST SHOW THAT YOU DID AND WHERE  ?

Hard to remember but I'm thinking it was either opening up for Jadakiss at Jazco or The Ritz showcase in Downtown Duval.

- WHAT INFLUENECED YOU TO BE  MUSICAN ? I'm latin so music is the soundtrack to our life. It was always around me since birth. I just heard & understood it differently early on which made rhyming come easy. I didn't really start looking at it as business until real business opportunities began to present themselves.


Lastly, I want to thank Sky Life for hitting me up for the interview and I want to big up everybody in the 904 that's on their grind! Keep rockin' Duval, we on deck! Holla at me on twitter.com/snipewon or youtube. SUPPORT GOOD MUSIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHECK OUT ANTECHNICAL THAD EVERY TUESDAY 8PM ON GEMJIN.COM


Quantcast
Watch live streaming video from 3045enterprisetv at livestream.com

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT WE ARE HERE TO STAY !

BLOGOBO

YoungMoneyTv,WorldStarHipHop,Mixtape,Music,Independent