Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Voice so Great I Named my Daughter after her (Cocoa Sarai)








- WHEN DID YOU START  IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY ?

I'm not sure how to answer that question actually. Ive been singing since I was 3 yrs old in church. And writing since 11 (Poetry) At 13 I started writing songs... About 15 was the age that I started performing in clubs so I guess it would be safe to say 15..

 - WHERE ARE YOU FROM ?
Brooklyn New York, Bed Stuy to be exact.... Brooklyn Stand Up (laughter)

- WHAT WAS THE FIRST SONG YOU DID?

It was called "Watch Me Move On" lol I still remember all the words....
- HOW DID IT MAKE YOU FEEL ?

It felt good, Doing what you love should always feel good 

- WHAT MESSAGE ARE YOU TRYING TO SEND ?

Love and Life, Human beings are so desensitized because of  the media . So detached from emotion these days. I believe that its because a lot of artist don't sing from there hearts I'm all about tapping into the emotions

- WHO DO YOU WANT TO REACH ?

The WORLD! And I believe its very possible
- NAME SOME PEOPLE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE  TO WORK WITH ?

OMG I would just die if I got to work with Prince, Kanye West, Brian Micheal Cox,

- HOW DID YOU GET YOUR STAGE NAME ? he

Well my middle name is Saraii... Spelled with two "I's and my mom has been calling me chocolate since I was born... So it just came together and I dropped one of the "I"s... It took a while to get use  to it but I love it now

- WHAT CAN YOUR FANS EXPECT FROM YOU IN 2010?

Performances, Remixes, A big announcement in the winter and I'm working on my next project. So I'm excited and grateful for the people that care enough to even check for me. As an artist I realize that people don't have to like my music. So everything is a blessing, EVERYTHING!

- WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO KEEP STRIVING FOR YOU DREAMS ?

I'm not where I want to be yet so Ill keep going until I get there. I'm very ambitious and resilient. I know that when I get to where I want to be right now, Ill have a new goal then. Nothing comes without work

- WHAT DO YOU REP ?

I rep self, I rep Music, I rep people, emotions and of course Brooklyn.... No place like it

_ WHAT WAS THE EVENT /VIDEO/SHOW THAT TURNED YOUR CAREER AROUND ? 
I did BETS 106 & Park twice and I guess its safe to sat that it had a big impact. I am able to use things like that as leverage when it comes to negotiating certain things, And of course it opened me up to a whole new fan base from around the USA. Id also have to say performing on GUAM, That was a wonderful experience :-)

- WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO IN YOUR iPOD?

Everything from Switchfoot to Taylor Swift... Prince, Gladys Knight, Billie Holliday, Kanye West, Drake, Brandy..... The list goes on ad on

- DO YOU LISTEN TO LOCAL ARTIST ?

Yeah some of my favorites are Lydia Caesar, Kofi Black, Chris Faust  and a slew of others.... I'm a lover of music..... ALL music....

- WHAT THE NEXT PROJECT THAT YOU ARE WORKING WITH ?

I spoke about this in a previous question

- WHAT WAS THE FIRST SHOW THAT YOU DID AND WHERE 

I couldn't remember if I tried, I started off singing in church, So I guess we can start there (laughter) Pilgrim Church

- WHAT INFLUENCED YOU TO BE  MUSICIAN ? s been around me

I come from a musical family, so it has always been around me. I never said I want to be singer. In my mind at 5 yrs old I felt I already was a singer. So I wanted to write. And I still do...

"1/2 Past 7" the LP AVAILABLE NOW on http://www.cocoasarai.com/
Remember "Everybody Loves Chocolate"




 


www.facebook.com/cocoasarai

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHECK OUT ANTECHNICAL THAD EVERY TUESDAY 8PM ON GEMJIN.COM


Quantcast
Watch live streaming video from 3045enterprisetv at livestream.com

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT WE ARE HERE TO STAY !

BLOGOBO

YoungMoneyTv,WorldStarHipHop,Mixtape,Music,Independent